It is your duty as a contestant to read through and fully understand these rules.
If something is unclear, email us at email@example.com to ask your question to the competition.
-We will gather all questions weekly and then post the answers in our FAQ section to try to streamline the flow of information to the contestants.
Maximal total sum of points the pend of how many judges judge the same category.
Single lashes max 145p
Volum lashes max 170p
Lash Lift max 225p
Brow styling 475p
3D Brow pigmentation 86p
Performance time is 1.30h
- Participants perform eyelash lamination on both eyes in the area of the Championship
- Eyelash coloring and bending outside the Championship is forbidden
- Brand of the materials the contestants choose at their own discretion
Requirements for natural model’s lashes:
- Model’s eyelashes must be at least 8 mm long
- Lack of natural lashes bending
- Model should have a thick natural eyelashes
Contestants are not allowed to the competition in the following cases:
- Being late to the beginning of the competition
- Violation of sanitary requirements
Dear participants, if the natural model’s eyelashes does not correspond to the contest requirements and rules, the extras during Lash check will be penalized.
The participant receives a penalty of 10 points in the following cases:
- Incorrect master’s or model’s behavior in the competition area, including talking over the mobile phone, listening to music with headphones or without.
- Starting before the official start signal or continuing performing after the final signal of the competition.
- Independent leaving of the master or the model of the competition area without the permission of the host.
Contestant will be disqualified in the following cases:
- The discovery of eyelash extensions or decorated eyelashes and beams (depending on category).
- Usage of forbidden materials and instruments (mentioned in the rules).
Attention! In case of violation of the competition rules, the registration fees will not be returned.
Criteria for Lash lift.
Evaluation criteria for the natural lash lift:
|Criteria||Criteria description||Max. points|
|1. Bend||Depending on the volume of eyelashes. It is necessary to choose the optimal size and bend of the eyelash curler.||10 points|
|2. Smoothness of bend||Along the entire length of natural eyelashes, there should be a smooth bend without creases and deformation.
|3. Percentage of curled lashes||100% of natural eyelashes should have a bend after the procedure. If any lashes don’t curl, points should decrease.
|4. Direction||The principle of parallelism should be followed All lashes should be curled straight; lashes must not cross over making “X” letter effect.
When lamination is finished eyelashes can look straight (upwards) or sideways (towards temples) depending on eye shape.
|5. Root zone lifting angle||After the procedure, eyelashes should be well lifted in the root zone. Lashes must not sag or be bent upwards too much.
|6. Quality of work of the inner corner (right eye)||The presence of curl in the inner and outer corners is assessed. The absence of a curl gives the participant 0 points. Also in this criterion the direction of natural eyelashes is assessed.||5 points|
|7. Quality of work of the outer corner (right eye)||5 points|
|8. Quality of work of the inner corner (left eye)||5 points|
|9. Quality of work of the outer corner (left eye)||5 points|
|10. Eyelash position||Each lash should look straight and be separated. Lashes shouldn’t be clumped or stuck together.
|11. Tinting evenness||Eyelashes should be evenly tinted along the entire length including the roots and tips.||5 points|
|12. Cleanness of tinting||There should be no tint on the skin (It is forbidden to color the skin) or pieces of glue left on the eyelashes.||10 points|
|Penalty||Penalty description||Max points|
|1. Eye redness||If the redness of the eyes persists after the procedure penalty points should be added.||-5 points|
2D-5D volume Criterion description
|Criterion||Criterion description||Max. points|
|1. Overall impression||Overall impression – is the judge’s first impression on master’s work. Can be evaluated both lying down and standing. Paying attention to the accuracy, symmetry, esthetic look, fluffiness etc., i.e. should be looking at all parameters at once.||10 points|
|2. “Fan” layout||“Fan” layout – is the competitive technique of eyelash extension. It means that outer corners must be extended with maximal turn to the head temples. Inner corners – with maximal turn to the nose. The total angle of the turn is 180 degrees.||5 points|
|3. Presence of glued together lashes||There should not be any glued together lashes and no glued together upper and lower lashes. All eyelashes should be separated well.
The tweezers should slide easily between the eyelashes, wherever it is inserted. If the tweezers are clinging, then there are gluing together. Often eyelashes stick together from the inattention of the master or high speed. Therefore, you need to finish the work 5 minutes before the “Stop” and check your work carefully for gluing together. Not allowed to glue bundle eyelashes.
It is not allowed to place 1 fake eyelash on 2 natural eyelashes.
|4. Neatness of work performance||The work must be done cleanly. There should be no glue lumps, white spools, white coating from tears and other dusts or motes on eyelashes.||5 points|
|5. The area of contact||Area. The fake eyelash’s base should fit tightly to the natural eyelash. The contact surface (gluing) should be approximately 1/3 of the total length. If the base is not glued tightly, for example, the tip is coming off or the eyelash is sagging – points should be reduced.
Side. It does not matter from which side the fake eyelash is glued to the natural eyelash, whether it is from above, from the side or from below. The main thing is that it must “sit” firmly and it look like as if it grows out of a natural eyelash.
|6. 2D-5D volume fluffiness of the bundle||2D-5D volume eyelash extension – two/three/four/five fake eyelashes are glued on one natural. The maximal allowed thickness is 0.07. It is NOT forbidden to combine volumes (starting from 2D and more) but it IS forbidden to switch to classics. It is forbidden to make and bring bundles from home. Otherwise, master must be disqualified.
All eyelashes should be well fluffed, the extension should look bulky. Unopened bundles are estimated at 0 points.
|7. Foot length||The length of the foot should not exceed 2 mm with the length of fake eyelashes 6-9 mm, and 3 mm from 10 to 13 mm.||5 points|
|8. Symmetry of the bundle||The competitive bundle should be opened up as follows:
With the length of fake eyelashes from 6 to 8 mm – the opening of the bundle should be approximately 0.8 mm.
With the length of fake eyelashes from 9 to 13 mm – the opening of the bundle should be approximately 1 mm.
All the bundles must be symmetric.
All the bundles must be symmetric.
|Work performance technique||Three parameters are evaluated in the work performance technique:|
|9. Spacing||Possible spacing is from 0.2 mm to 1 mm. Spacing should be even and easily visible. Absence of spacing or extension in the eyelid does not give points on this parameter.||5 points|
|10. Direction||All lashes (bundles) should be extended parallel to each other. It is not welcome if eyelashes cross and create the effect of the letter “X”. In addition, eyelashes should not look all in one direction – straight or sideways. The extension should be done on the principle of “half sun”, which means, eyelashes in the inner corner should look at nose, eyelashes in the center – straight, eyelashes in the outer corner – on a head temple. It is allowed to turn all eyelashes to head temples in case of creating a “Fox” effect||5 points|
|11. Smoothness of transition||To create smoothness in the length transition, it is necessary to use dimensions that go in a row, for example, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 mm, and not through one – 8, 10, 12 mm or 9, 11, 13, because often this creates a “steps effect” and it reduces points in this parameter and worsen the picture as a whole.||5 points|
|Complexity||In the “Complexity” criterion the following parameters are evaluated:|
|12. Bend||The bend is selected individually for the chosen model. It should be 100% suitable for the face and the shape of the eyes.||5 points|
|13. Length||The following lengths for 2D-5D volume are allowed in the competition: from 6 mm to 13 mm. The ideal ratio of fake eyelashes to natural is when fake eyelashes are 1/3 longer than natural. Allowed up to 1/2. It is also allowed to place fake eyelashes shorter than natural ones in the inner corner in case natural eyelashes are very long.||5 points|
|14. Fillability||It is necessary to perform an extension for each eyelash in the competing time provided. If the contestant did not manage to place all the eyelashes, the points decrease in proportion to what has been done.||5 points|
|15. Sight modelling||In this parameter, the aesthetic beauty of eyelashes and how much it suits the model is assessed.
Effects: A) The fox effect is recommended for almond-shaped eyes; B) Natural effect for Slavic eye type; C) The eyes with the lowered outer corners should be extended with squirrels effect; D) The Asian eyes can have a doll effect using L-bending.
Color: blondes and redhead are more suited to brown eyelashes. The rest – black. The fair-haired girls, depending on the color of the eyes and eyebrows, eyelashes should be either black or brown.
Bending: a) deep-set eyes are better to use more gentle bends, for example, B; B) prominent eyes – D; C) normal eyes – C; D) For eyes with lowered outer corners should use two or three bends, for example, from the inner corners – C, in the middle – D and finish with the CC.
Length: The length of fake eyelashes depends on the length of the natural (see the complexity) and the geometry of the face. They should not be too short or too long.
|16. Symmetry||Both eyes must be modeled absolutely symmetrically.
The fake eyelashes should be glued in the internal corners at the same distance from the nose. To do this, it is necessary to carefully check whether the natural eyelashes remain under the substrate.
The outer corners should not sag. For this, a slightly steeper bend can be used at the outer corners plus shorter length.
Also the symmetry depends on the direction of the fake eyelashes. If eyelashes are glued on one eye with, a turn to the outer corner, and on the other eye they look straight, then the work will look asymmetrical.
The length of the eyelashes should be clearly divided into zones and followed on both eyes. If the eyelash is not in its zone, it will be out of the picture and adversely affect the assessment.
The same density on the right and left eye.
|17. Inner corner filling||The presence of extension in the inner corners of the eyes is estimated. For its absence, 0 points are given||5 points|
|18. Outer corner filling||The presence of extension in the outer corners of the eyes is estimated. For its absence, 0 points are given.||5 points|
|19. Penalty||5 points for one criterion. Max. on all criterion – 15 points.||15 points|
Brows – classic criteria
- Complexity of the initial state of natural eyebrows
- Not damaged, full (4 points)
- With problem areas, asymmetry (6 points)
- Falling, partially missing, asymmetrical facial features (10 points)
- Overall impression after correction (10 points)
- Neatness (10 points)
- Symmetry of performance (10 points)
- Modeling technique
- Length of the eyebrows (5 points)
- Thickness of the eyebrows (5 points)
- Breaking Point (5 points)
- Eyebrow axis (5 points)
- Planting at the basis of the eyebrow (5 points)
- The combination of models eyebrow and hair color (5 points)
- Modeling proportions and specifics of the model’s face (10 points)
- Technique of eyebrow coloring
- Purity of color (5 points)
- Uniformity of staining (5 points)
- Max number of points – 90 points
- Penalty points Max – 15 points
Classic extension criteria:
- General look ( 10 points )
General look General look is the first impression of the judges about the work. May be evaluated both in the horizontal and vertical position. The attention is paid to the neatness, symmetry, esthetic picture, volume, etc., meaning almost everything is accounted for at once. 10 points
- Lashes bonded together ( 10 points )
Lashes bonded together
- The lashes should not be bonded to each other, or the lower to the upper. All of the lashes should be well divided.
- Lanugo lashes are not to be bonded. Tweezers should go easily in between the lashes in any place. If the tweezers get stuck the bonds are there. Often the lashes get bonded because of the inattentiveness of the master or excessive speed. So it is necessary to finish the work 5 minutes before the «Stop» and check it for bondings.
- Applying one extension at 2 natural lashes is not allowed.
- Neatness of the work performed ( 5 points )
Neatness of the work performed The work should be done neatly. The lashes should not have any glue on them, white fluffs, white tear stains or other particles of duct or grits. 5 points
- Lash contact surface evaluation ( 5 points )
Lash contact surface
- Area. The basis of an artificial lash should stick firmly to the basis of a natural lash. The area of contact (sticking) should equal about 1/3 of the total length. If the basis is not firmly glued, for instance the tip sticks out or the lash is handing down, the points are deduced.
- Side. The side where the lash is glued (top, bottom, left or right) does not matter. The main thing is that it is seated «firmly» and seemed to grow from the natural lash.
- Technology fulfilment ( space 5 points, direction 5 points, transition smoothness 5 points)
Technology fulfilment This criteria includes three parameter:
The allowed space is 0,2 mm — 1 mm. The spaces should be equal and easily recognizable. The absence of space or extensions from the lid is not awarded any points here. 5 points
All of the lashes should be extended being parallel to each other. It is not welcome if the lashes cross or create «X» effect. The lashes should not be turned one way — forward or to the side. The extension should be made following «half-sun» form, meaning that the lashes in the internal corner of the eye should face the nose, the central lashes — look ahead, the lashes in the external corner of the eye — face the temple. It is allowed to turn all of the lashes to the temple to create the fox effect. 5 points
To create the smooth transition of length one needs to use sequential sizes, for instance, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11,12 mm. The usage of sizes skipping one — 8, 10, 12 mm or 9, 11, 13 results in steps, which results in cutting down the points and worsens the general picture.
- Complexity ( length 5 points, thickness 5 points, filling 5 points ) Symmetry ( 10 points)
Complexity This criteria includes the following parameters:
The ideal correlation between the artificial lashes and the natural ones is when the former are longer by one 1/3. Up to ½ is allowed. The extension with the artificial lashes which are shorter than the natural ones is allowed in the internal corner, if the natural lashes are very long. 5 points
The correlation between the natural lashes and the artificial ones should be adequate. The thin lashes should not be extended with the 0.2 artificials. Vice versa, the thick black naurals should not be extended with brown 0.07 artificials, otherwise the latter will be lost. It is better to use 0.07, 0.10 and 0.12 sequences. 5 points
During the competition time the extension of every lash of the model should be made. If the contestant did not manage to extend all of the lashes, the points are deduced in proportion to the work undone. During the choice of the model the master should consider the number of natural lashes. The denser the lashes, the better.
- Symmetry ( 10 points)
Symmetry Both eyes should be modelled in absolute symmetry.
- The extended lashes should be fixed in the internal corners at the same distance from the nose on either side.
- External corners should not «hang down».
- The symmetry also depends on the direction of the artificials. If they are fixed on the one eye, being turned to the external corner, while on the other eye they are aimed forward, the work would look asymmetric.
- The length of the lashes should be distributed distinctly across the zones and maintained on both eyes. If the lash ended up in a different zone, it will fall out of the general picture and negatively influence the mark.
- Equal density on both eyes.
- Glance modelling ( 10 points)
Glance modelling The esthetic outlook of the made-up lashes, the way they fit the model and make her prettier are evaluated.
Fox effect suits the almond-shaped eyes
Natural fits the Slavic form of the eyes
The Squirrel effect suits the eyes with the drawn-down external corners
The Asian eyes allow doll effect with L-curve
Brown lashes suit the blonds and the red-haired
In other cases black should be used
With the fair-haired girls it depends on the color of the eyes and brows, either black or brown should be used.
With deep-set eyes it is better to use smooth curves, for instance B.
With the prominent eyes, vice versa — D
With normal eyes — С
With the eyes with the external corner drawn-down two or three curves should be used, for instance, C in the internal corner, D in the middle and CC in the end.
The length of artificial lashes depends on the length of the naturals (ref. Complexity) and the face geometry. They should not be too long or too short.
- Eye-corner work-up ( internal 5 points, external 5 points)
Eye-corner work-up The presence of extension in the external and internal corners of the eyes is evaluated. 0 points is given if it is absent. The maximum of 5 points are given for the external corners, as well as for the internal corners.
- Penalties ( 5 points per criterion. Maximum along all of the criteria — 15 )